Weaving - Crafts

 


This weaving project did not take many tools. It only used the cup, the string, and a scissors. First we tied a knot around one of the cut pieces of the cup and then we did an over/under pattern to create the weaved effect/look. I found a strategy the worked well for me and I was able to do this project very simply. Since I was doing good in the process I decided to change the color that I was working with by tying the other color to the one that is currently being used. To finish off the project we wrapped the string to the opposite side of the cup that the string was at and tied a knot. 


Extension Activity: Doing something like this project would be a good way for students to experience some of the people in different times/cultures/nations did or do. Doing this in a geography course would be a great way to give them first hand experience of these things. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clay

Footprint Introduction

The DOT